Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Okay Book and Movie Buffs Help Me Out Here!

I need the titles of movies you think have stellar dialog.
I need the titles of movies you think have horrible dialog.

I need the titles of novels you think have stellar dialog.
I need the titles of novels you think have horrible dialog.

Why, you ask? Because I'm putting together an internet class on writing good dialog. The class is titled, thanks to my friend R., "Frankly My Dear…" Writing Unforgettable Dialog.

Conversation is one of my writing strengths. Earning money as a writer is one of my goals. Put them together and you get a class on writing conversation. Make sense? I thought so.

So I'm good at writing dialog, but I'm not comfortable using my work as examples in my class. I'd much rather use even better, and even worse work than mine. Which brings me to the above questions - I'd love your opinion. What do you think?