Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why in the World…

In June my fourth cousin Rob was in a horrible accident that left him unharmed - except for a traumatic brain injury.  I've known Rob off and on since he was very little.  My older brother was in a motorcycle accident when he was 16 or 17 but luckily recovered from the same sort of trauma.  My own son has a medical condition that has required neurosurgery on a number of occasions.  

The connection here is that when I found out about Rob I felt compelled to reach out to the family in the only way I knew how - with words.  For weeks I've been sending tales of Vermont to  Rob and his family and until Rob tells me himself that he no longer needs the diversion I will continue to do so.

Meanwhile I'm going to reproduce my little taste of Vermont here - pretty much so that I can bolster my own sense of self importance!

- kate