Monday, January 25, 2010

It's the Flu,Damn it!



It's four in the afternoon, I have the flu, and I'm on the porch in my jammas in the driving wind and rain so I can take a picture of the Huge and Horrible Willow tree that I love, and that is likely to take out my house. I don't see anything wrong with this picture. I'm tired of being in bed with the flu. I've been there for days. I'm not getting any better lying in bed, NOT eating anything, and although I love teasing my friends on facebook, I really should be working. And although it's not warm out, its not freezing either. So what the heck, might as well let you see the tree from the center of Hades.

The beauty of this is while those of you who know me well will know the truth, those of you who don't know me all that well can say, "It was the flu, you know. She was a little out of her head with the flu."

If you look closely you will see a cable holding this monster's two trunks together. If the plan doesn't fail, that cable will keep the taller of it's dual personalities from landing on my house. I've got my fingers crossed. It really is a beautiful tree in the summer time.

So here you go, a picture of impending doom, in the middle of a Janurary thaw and a storm that is threatening to blow us all away.